If you were one of the lucky ones to snag a 3G iPad 2 and you were also one of the lucky ones to snag an AT&T Unlimited Data Plan with your original iPad, chances are you're going to want to move that Unlimited Data Plan over to your NEW iPad 2. Here's how:
- Fire up your original iPad and go to Settings-Cellular Data and tap View Account – Log in with your email and password for your AT&T account
- Note the Cellular Data Number (your iPad's phone number)
- Then go to the Settings ->General->About screen and jot down your IMEI number
- After you get your NEW iPad 2 all setup go to the Settings ->General->About screen and jot down both your NEW IMEI number AND your ICCID (MicroSIM card) Number
- Call 1-800-331-0500 and wade through the prompts (press zero) to speak to an AT&T rep
- Explain that you want to move over your iPad Unlimited Plan to your NEW iPad 2.
- They will ask for you to verify your account address and then ask you for the information above from your NEW iPad 2.
- After they are done moving the account over, turn off your iPad completely and boot it back up. You should then do a test by turning OFF WiFi and trying to connect to the internet via your 3G connection. Done!
You can do it yourself
AT&T has put up this page allow you to update your device information via the web (Thanks Jack for the link).
They warn against just swapping MicroSIM cards!