Twitter makes a decent app for free. So the question is why would anyone pay for a Twitter app then? The answer is simple, more features. Tweetbot has been my default Twitter client on iPhone, iPad and Mac for quite a while now. I’ve always like their interface better than other Twitter clients and this new 3.0 version has gotten even better. Tweetbot 3.0 has a complete new makeover to look good on iOS 7. However, the beauty isn’t just skin deep. Tweetbot 3.0 offers:
- Native Push Notifications
- Mute filters that allow you to block messages from users without unfollowing them. You can also mute has tags and keywords.
- The big one for me is the ability to sync timeline position, direct message reads, etc. via iCloud
- Customizable Navigation
- Support for services: Bit.ly, Instapaper, Readability, CloudApp, Doplr, and more.
- Save drafts, add locations and POI’s, attach photos/videos, manage your lists, and more.
I like the redesign and the app seems faster overall.
The Bottom Line
If you’re a casual Twitter user then you can certainly get by with the Twitter app from Twitter. However, if you’re a power user and do a lot on Twitter, then you definitely want to check out Tweetbot 3.0 for iPhone. It offers the best Twitter integration, but without locking you into Twitter only services for link shortening, image sharing, etc.
See a demo here: